One of my newly established "internet friends" at raisingsmartgirls.wordpress.com asked her readers to answer some questions about themselves so we might get to know each other a little better. I have some readers I know nothing about other than by the comments they occasionally post (come on people, I need more love!). Will you join in? Either answer in the comments or post on your own blog.
- What do you do for your job?
- What work feeds your souls (this may be identical to your job, but if so, then you are a lucky creature)?
- What intellectual topics fascinate you and want to learn more about?
- Spirituality (finding it myself and seeing how it works in other people's lives)
- Writers, their lives and their techniques
- The real lives of historical - not necessary famous - figures (particularly females)
- Human behavior based on personality/type (Myers Briggs, for example)
- What are your hobbies?
- Writing (journal, blog, personal essays)
- Reading (historical novels, personal essays, mysteries)
- Coffee shops
- Rearranging furniture & decorating the house (NOT as in painting, wallpapering)
- Antique stores or other fun shops/little towns
- Creative projects (that I regrettably never get to do anymore): drawing, making notecards, photo albums (not scrapbooking).
- Chatting with friends (I don't have many, we're new to the area... and shy)
- Guilty pleasures? TV, shopping.
edited to say: This shows how much I am out of touch with my own loves - I completely forgot to list a couple of my hobbies. I love to sing and I used to sit at the piano or in my car and sing and sing. I have sung numerous solos over the years and at times (especially when a little down) I would go through my entire repertoire (and usually make myself cry). I also like to dance. I'm not good at it but sometimes I will put on some Middle Eastern or African music and just lose myself in the rhythm.