5.27.2009

Standing on the edge

Ever feel like you are on the precipice of your dream?

I use the word "precipice" deliberately. My stomach is churning, I feel shaky, I might throw up. I am about to hurl myself into the unknown - pushed by forces stronger than me. I see my dream out there - can touch it even - but the initial leap is terrifying. Funny how getting what you want can be so frightening. Someone wrote once (Sarah Ban Breathnach, I think) that success is often scarier than failure.

But I must have faith that once I jump I will not crash on the rocks of failure below.

No, I know, once I gather my nerves and strap them to my back they will miraculously transform into creative energy. Passion. The universe/spirit will then acknowledge my confidence, my belief in myself. It will lift me and I will soar.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: